Friday, November 20, 2009

Boldly Going Again

Admittedly, I had great misgivings about J.J. Abrams relaunch of Star Trek, but I was presently surprised when I saw the movie. I had taken my wife and 4-year-old son to see it. Unfortunately, my son started acting up and my wife took him to the lobby to calm him down. She missed half the movie. I bought the DVD this past Tuesday (yes, I haven’t gone the Blueray route just yet) and my wife and I finally got to see the movie together uninterrupted.

My wife loved it and I liked it even more the second time. J.J. Abrams did a great job, as did the actors. My criticism still stands, however, concerning the bloated Starship Enterprise and the fish scale uniform tops, but hey, nobody’s perfect. I’m intrigued by what they’ll do with a sequel.

In watching the movie again, I noted how much Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) got beaten up. He got his ass kicked throughout the film. It was hilarious. The old Kirk would fight (and tear up his shirt) in every other episode, but 10 minutes didn’t go by in the movie without poor Chris Pine getting punched, kicked, thrown against something, or having a violent allergic reaction to medicine.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve!

    I saw this in the theater and it was awesome! I was not expecting much! It was funny, action packed and even the acting was good! I still have one question though...what the heck is "red matter"?

    xoxo -- Hilary

    ReplyDelete