Monday, August 1, 2011

My Top 10 Fictional Crushes

Last week, a friend of mine posted a question on my favorite message board (Absolutewrite) wondering what our top 10 fictional crushes were. That got me thinking. Some posters listed characters from their favorite books and movies. Admittedly, I wasn't much of a book reader growing up, although I was heavy into comics. So my fictional crushes come from comics, TV, and movies. So here they are, which is a little tweak of the list I posted on AW:


10. Cheetara (ThunderCats)

There was no hotter chick in cartoons in the 1980s than Cheetara. Built like a female athlete crossed with a pinnup model, she could kick as with her staff and run around you in blazing speed while doing it.

9. Princess Aura (Ornella Muti, Flash Gordon)

Sexy and nuts, that was pretty much my type in my single days. I had a thing for Marilyn Monroe growing up so that might explain it. Princess Aura fits into that mold. This is the only movie I ever seen Ms. Muti in and that saddens me. I re-watch Flash Gordon mainly for her.

8. Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek TOS)

Need anything be said about the 1960s Sci-Fi and NAACP icon?

7. Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen, Raiders of the Lost Ark)

Fits into the sexy/nutty mold. Plus she can drink more than a guy. I fell in love with her before I started drinking (legally or otherwise) and dreamed of meeting a chick like that. She was the perfect match for Indiana Jones, my favorite TV/movie hero.

6. Jean Grey (X-Men)

Another sexy/nutjob. Plus, I was absolutely in love with long, thick red hair growing up. This is a chicken-or-the-egg situation. Honestly, I don't know if I had that love because of Jean Grey or fell for her because of the hair. I seriously think it was her fault.

5. Serina (Jane Seymour, Battlestar Galactica)

Jane Seymour was so beautiful that I just loved her no matter the role. First saw her in Live and Let Die and was mesmerized. She didn't have a big part on BG, and died early, but holy hell she was hot. Still is. It was like she wasn't a mortal.

4. Jaime Sommers (Lyndsay Wagner, Bionic Woman)

As you can see from this list, I'm more of a dark hair loving kinda guy, but there are three exceptions, Cheetara, Jaime Sommers, and No. 2 on the list. She had the sexy hoarse voice, and was full of kick-ass-ness.

3. Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher, Empire Strikes Back)

Princess Leia turned the "damsel in distress" cliche on its head. She was most beautiful in Empire. She was also short (5'1") which is a major plus. Yes, sexy, short, dark haired, and nuts is my type. Princess Leia isn't nuts, but she did kiss her brother, so that might count.

2. Jill Monroe (Farrah Fawcett, Charlie’s Angels)

Blonde, but nuts, so that works. Of course, she was the hottest chick of the 1970s by public opinion. Second hottest for me, which leads to ...

1. Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter, TV series)

The icon of beauty, power, and virtue. A goddess amongst men. Lynda Carter was the Alpha and Omega of beauty for me growing up, and, admittedly, still today. She matches Jane Seymour's supernatural beauty, but adds Lyndsay Wagner's kick-ass-ness. Yes, the invisible plane is kinda stupid considering you can see her flying in the air, but who cares? Wonder Woman was gorgeous in anything she did.

1 comment:

  1. "Yes, sexy, short, dark haired, and nuts is my type. Princess Leia isn't nuts, but she did kiss her brother, so that might count"

    That got a giggle out of me. This was a cute post with an interesting topic, thank your friend for me! Haha.

    ReplyDelete