Saturday, February 4, 2012

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Well, it's been about three weeks of my newfound Giants fandom and I have to say it feels liberating. My son has worn his Eli Manning shirt to school on dress down day and rocked his Giants hat all week. I've gotten more excited by the day for the big game tomorrow.

You may wonder if I miss being a Jet fan. I explained in my previous post my long circuitous route to rooting for the Jets the last 14 years, but being a fan of theirs was always a choice. There was some good times but every year ended in disappointment. The best endings was being hopeful to the following year. So, no, I don't miss it. I'll never hate the Jets, although the utter self-loathing by Jet fans was always hard for me to deal with over the years.

So, it feels good being a Giant fan. Like I said before, I rooted for them in all their Super Bowls except one, but that was a special situation. What makes it easier this time is, once again, they're facing the loathed New England Patriots. As a lifelong Yankee fan I hate everything Boston--Red Sox, Celtics, Pats, Bruins, BC, Logan Int'l Airport, Mitt Romney, etc. So, GO BIG BLUE, I'll be with you all the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment