Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Avengers!!!

To celebrate my birthday, my son "took me" to see The Avengers. Yeah, technically I drove and bought the tickets, but it was still his idea and a great idea at that. Of course, were were going to see The Avengers even if he hadn't suggested it, but still.  I love the fact that my son and I share the same interests so what excites him excites me so it's like living two lives. I'm enjoying the moment as a father and as a son through his eyes.

Now, of course, my wife came along too ("What am I, chopped liver?" she'd ask if I didn't mention her). We all loved the movie and a job well done by director Joss Whedon and incredible cast of Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, and others. This is how comic movies are supposed to be made and lends further credence to the notion that comic book fans are the ones that should be making these movies. It's been a remarkable run by Marvel Studios, who gambled and won in making it's own cinematic universe in six films.  We can't wait to see what they do for an encore.

No comments:

Post a Comment