Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stupid Mistakes

Considering that Amar'e Stoudemire's incredibly stupid and selfish actions in punching a fire extinguisher glass ruined any chance that the Knicks could make a series of their first round playoff matchup with the uber talented Miami Heat, just like his stupid and selfish actions in trying to do a circus dunk ruined the Knicks chances in last year's playoffs, I'm trying to think of the incredibly stupid things I have done in my life.

No, I'm not going to list them because they may or may not have involved things that may be construed as illegal activity (I'm really not sure), but I know I have acted reckless in the past. Yes, I've disregarded my safety and the safety of others without thinking things out. Thankfully, I and others escaped any harm. Usually afterwards I'm thinking to myself, "Damn, you're such an idiot!"  The benefit of getting older is that those instances are now few and far between and I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I was in such a situation. Usually, the common sense part of my brain kicks in and stops me saying, "Hey, dumbass, what the hell are you thinking." I also know when I'm getting really angry and I stop myself from lashing out. The immediate gratification of the anger release is never worth the consequences.

So you can say I've found that happy place away from self destruction. Amar'e, despite the millions of dollars he's earned and the year's he's been in the NBA, still hasn't found that place. It's a shame because all of us--his teammates, the die-hard Knicks fans, and basketball fans in general yearning for a good series--is the ones to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment