Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BEA Week/Teen Author Carnival

Yep, the pub industry's uber trade convention, Book Expo America, aka BEA is going on now at the Javits Center. Unfortunately, I don't have a ticket this year so I can't attend, but BEA can be followed on Twitter, on blogs, word-of-mouth, etc., so you can get filled in on all the details as the convention goes on.  Fortunately, writers/authors/fans like myself who haven't gone to BEA, can see many of our favorite authors through the Teen Author Carnival series with this year's installment being held last night at the Jefferson Market Library.

It was great to see so many authors and sit in on their panels. There was an impressive list of YA authors, who spoke about their experiences, did Q&A, and book signings thereafter.  This is the second year I've gone and I plan to do it again next year. Best of all, however, I got to hang out with authors Gretchen McNeil, Zoraida Cordova, Karsten Knight, and Scott Tracey afterwards in a bar in the West Village. They each have books either already out or coming out that I've enjoyed or extremely excited to read.  It was an amazing evening and one I look forward to repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment